Windows 2000 ships with a command line tool to refresh the Group Policy settings on a local computer. But what if you need to refresh Group Policy settings on 100 Windows 2000 machines? You either need to create a script to do so or visit each computer individually. To eliminate this, you can use the below steps to accomplish the task:
- Create a Text file named Servers.txt
- Paste all the computer names in txt file.
- Run the following commands from a Windows 2000 computer:
To refresh user policy:
- Psexec.exe [email protected] secedit.exe /refreshpolicy user_policy
To refresh machine policy
- Psexec.exe [email protected] secedit.exe /refreshpolicy machine_policy