Microsoft released recently a neat technical document: Best practices for Outlook for Mac 2011.
Best practices for Outlook for Mac 2011 This guide represents our advice on how to get the most out of Outlook for Mac 2011.
This guide represents our advice on how to get the most out of Outlook for Mac 2011. However, it is not a comprehensive guide. A few core scenarios are covered to help you leverage Outlook for Mac 2011 into your information management needs.
This guide is intended for people who:
- Work for a large company with an IT department.
- Receive more than 30 email messages a day.
- Spend lots of time every day using Outlook for Mac 2011 to send and receive messages and to set up or attend meetings.
- Are using Outlook for Mac 2011 with a Microsoft Exchange Server account.
Regardless of your server setup or organization size, this document will be useful to you. In this article, you will learn:
- Basic principles of good time management
- Setting up Outlook for Mac 2011: The layout
- Tame your Inbox with the four Ds
- Daily review: Managing your time and tasks
- Tasks: Doing your work
- Find that message: Searching effectively
- Write great email messages
- Calendar and meetings
- Frequently asked questions