Cause: If incorrect client credentials are cached on the client computer, clients making requests through ISA Server may be prompted for alternative credentials, even though the ISA Server COM property ReturnAuthRequiredIfAuthUserDenied is set to its default false value for outbound traffic.
Solution: Clear the cached credentials, as follows:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Run dialog box, type control keymgr.dll. Then click OK.
- In the Stored User Names and Passwords dialog box, select the entry that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
- Click Close to close the Stored User Names and Passwords dialog box.
- Restart the client computer.
For more information on the ReturnAuthRequiredIfAuthUserDenied COM property, see the ISA Server SDK documentation (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms826234.aspx).
Thomas W Shinder, M.D., MCSE
Sr. Consultant / Technical Writer