Congratulations, Tegile! HA2800 all-flash array chosen as Storage magazine’s product of the year
I write a lot about storage. I also write a lot of white papers. Sometimes, I even put the two together and write white papers about storage. And, in some cases, I write white papers about storage for storage companies. One company that I’ve worked with recently – Tegile – got some pretty good news today and it’s kind of big for a company that has been selling publicly for only one year.
Tegile’s Zebi HA2800 all-flash array was chosen as Storage Magazine’s 2012 product of the year in the enterprise storage system category. In making their selection, the panel of judges cited a number of Tegile’s stand out features, including:
- The ability to convert this all-flash array into a mainstream hybrid through the use of up to two 72 TB expansion shelves.
- Inline deduplication that can be disabled when it makes sense based on the workload type.
- Metadata is stored on solid state drives, providing a high level of performance.
- Multiprotocol – Fiber Channel, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS – support.
- Pinnable FlashVols that enable workloads to be pinned to solid state disks.
I’m a huge believer in the hybrid storage space and while the HA2800 is an all-flash array, its ability to be expanded with rotational storage and converted into a hybrid array is unique in this space and provides customers with a pretty high degree of flexibility.
So, congratulations, Tegile! And, congratulations to all of the companies that were chosen as finalists. There are some pretty impressive names and products on the list and all deserved to be finalists in this competitive category/