Copy a Windows NT user profile
User profiles are found in the %systemroot%\profiles
directory, but if you copy this to some other location, the new user will not
have permission to use the profile. The following procedure must be used.
- Logon as an Administrator
- In the System Control Panel, click the User Profiles tab
- From the list of all the profiles stored on the machine, select the one you
want to copy
- Click the "Copy to" button
- In the "Copy profile to" enter the location where you want it copied. For
roaming profiles, enter the netlogon location on your domain controller, usually
- In the "Permitted to use" click Change. Select Everyone and click Add or
just the user who will use it, then click OK.
- Click OK to start the copy.
Check that the file ntuser.dat has been created
where you selected.