The Data Protection Manager (DPM) 2007 Feature Pack is now available for download here:
- System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 Feature Pack (x86)
- System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 Feature Pack (x64)
This Update bundles the following features: Windows Server 2008 support, SQL Server 2008 support, enhanced support for sharing tape libraries and better tape utilization.
The DPM 2007 Update Rollup is a feature pack that includes previously released hotfixes alongside several new features aimed to enhance overall applicability and usability of DPM. Added features include: System state for Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 support, enhanced support for sharing tape libraries with other DPM servers, and support for better utilization of tape capacity by sharing tapes between multiple protection groups media co-location on tapes.
This Data Protection Manager Update Package consists of three separate updates. Note: Depending on your configuration, some updates may not apply. Please see “Installation Instructions” for details.
Feature Bullet Summary:
- 946647 Description of the Data Protection Manager 2007 hotfix package: January 9, 2008
- 948373 The backup image may be corrupted if you use System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 to perform an online backup of a virtual machine that is running in Virtual Server 2005
- 950082 Description of the Data Protection Manager 2007 hotfix package rollup 2
- 948936 When synchronization runs in Data Protection Manager 2007, the DPM service may unexpectedly crash
- 951557 getKB -Data Protection Manager 2007 - Hotfix
- Support for backing up virtual machines on clustered Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1 hosts
- Support for sharing tape libraries between multiple DPM servers
- Better tape utilization of tape capacity by co-locating data from multiple protection groups with similar retention range
- System state protection for Windows Server 2008
Note: Backup of SQL 2008 (Katmai) is not supported until the released version is publicly available.