If you are working on your infrastructure-as-code (IaC) and having a hard time configuring the Front Door managed feature in Azure, you are not alone. But at the time of this writing, the parameters to configure it is not exposed in the API, thus we cannot use ARM templates for that. I have noticed a lot of questions about this topic on the Internet, but there is no doable solution at this time. I will be writing a longer article on this topic, but this Quick Tip at least lets you know you are not the only one having a problem with this.
There are a couple of ways to perform a workaround on this current issue. First, you can do it manually and enable it (not good). Second, you can use PowerShell or Azure CLI in the Azure DevOps pipeline to enable it.
As I mentioned, stay tuned for a complete tutorial on the workaround for configuring the Front Door managed feature in Azure.
More Quick Tips articles
- Fixing Azure Key Vault when moving to a different tenant
- Restore Azure Key Vault using just two PowerShell cmdlets
- This overlooked feature in Visual Studio Code can speed release time
- How to quickly check the status of all your Azure services
- Using location in a consistent way in your ARM template parameters