This is a few months old, but it’s a really nice presentation about what’s coming down the line for some of Microsoft enterprise-level products, including Hyper-V, Windows Server and Exchange.
The short take:
- Windows 8 will be here in late 2012.
- Windows Server 2012/Hyper-VS Server 2012 will be here in late 2012/early 2013.
- Office 2013 will arrive in 2013.
- Exchange 2013 will arrive in late 2012/early 2013.
- SharePoint 2013 will arrive in 2013 or later.
- The Project 2013 family will arrive in 2013 or later.
- The Lync 15 family will arrive in 2013 or beyond.
- Dynamics CRM 2014 and Dymanics AX 7 will arrive in 2013 or later.
- Much of the System Center 2012 wave (Operations Manager, Configuration Manager, Service Manager 2010 R2) will arrive in the first half of 2012. Other products – DPM and VMM – will arrive in 2012 as well.
- Windows InTune v2 will arrive in 2012.
- ForeFront Endpoint Protection 2012 will arrive in 2012.
- Other ForeFront Protection products (Lync, SharePoint, Exchange) will come in 2013 and beyond.
- ForeFront Identity Manager 2012 will come in 2012.
- SQL Server 2013 will arrive in 2013 or later.
And that, folks, is my last update for 2011! Please, have a happy and safe new year as we ring in 2012!