Exchange 2007 SP1 Enhanced by Messageware
Access Sharepoint and Public Folder contacts, Outlook-style Addressing, Extend WebReady Document Viewing to Over 300 file types, View Side-by-Side Calendars
December 4, 2007, Toronto, Canada – Messageware (www.messageware.com), the world's leading provider of enterprise productivity and security solutions for Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access (OWA), today announced the availability of the Messageware OWA Suite for Microsoft Exchange 2007. Drawing on its position as a long-standing Microsoft Gold Certified partner, the company is introducing Exchange 2007 SP1 enhancements that improve the OWA user experience while adding critical security enhancements that keep security in the hands of Exchange Administrators and the IT department.
Messageware’s solutions are ideal for the majority of enterprises today that need to support a growing mobile workforce, whether that be employees using shared workstations when traveling, a sales force that works away from the desktop or students needing to collaborate outside of the classroom . Messageware OWA Suite 2007 extends the value of Exchange 2007 by enabling companies to use Outlook Web Access more securely and adding Outlook-like features that improve the user experience and save time when using email away from the desktop. Messageware OWA add-ons make OWA easier for the user, while giving Exchange administrators the confidence to deploy OWA without compromising security.
The cost-effective Suite consists of six award-winning security and productivity applications that seamlessly integrate with Exchange 2007 -- ActiveSend, AttachView, CalendarShare, NavGuard, Plus Pack, and TimeGuard. With ActiveSend, CalendarShare and Plus Pack, the user experience is improved by making Outlook Web Access more like Outlook, so emails and documents can be composed and sent easily. In addition, users can more efficiently schedule meetings and book resources such as conference rooms or equipment from any location. AttachView, NavGuard, and TimeGuard secure vulnerabilities in OWA that can expose entire email accounts or confidential documents to unauthorized users.
- AttachView – Extend and Enhance WebReady Document Viewing with over 300 file types, with granular security settings that put control in the hands of the administrator, not the user. AttachView also adds advanced viewing features such as the ability to view files without the native application, viewing Word documents in Final or Markup views, Zoom/Rotate and much more.
- Plus Pack – Intuitive, Outlook-like addressing, Rolodex-style address book, ability to create and manage unlimited Favorites, access to SharePoint contact lists, advanced Spell Check, roaming personal dictionaries and more.
- ActiveSend – Integrates OWA 2007 with Microsoft Office and desktop applications, allowing users to quickly and easily email files from within applications, using Outlook Web Access as the default email
- CalendarShare – Makes scheduling group meetings and managing shared resources easier by viewing multiple calendars side-by-side and delegate support that gives users access to view and edit appointments on behalf of others
- NavGuard – Protects against hijacking of abandoned OWA sessions by prompting when a user navigates away from an active OWA session, and requiring the user to either logoff or return to the active session. Security settings can be configured based on users, groups, IP addresses and corporate resources/notebooks.
- TimeGuard – Provides a user-friendly alternative to forms-based authentication, by prompting a user after a period of session inactivity, with the option to extend the session or logoff. Security settings can be configured based on users, groups, IP addresses and corporate resources/notebooks.
“Businesses today rely heavily on email for both internal and external communication and this communication needs to continue in the most effective and secure way possible, whether users are in the office or working remotely,” said Mark Rotman, President & CEO of Messageware. “By using Messageware’s OWA Suite for Outlook Web Access 2007, companies are able to keep employees productive from any location, minimize exposing confidential information to unauthorized people and overall, compete more effectively in an increasingly competitive business environment.”
Messageware’s OWA Suite for Exchange 2007 is priced per CPU based on an organization’s messaging environment. Small business pricing is available for enterprises with fewer than 100 mailboxes. For more information about Messageware’s solutions for Exchange 2007 visit www.messageware.com.
# # #
Founded in 1993 and headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Messageware develops and markets solutions that enhance and secure Outlook Web Access. A trusted Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and a Global Exchange ISV for 15 years, their applications give companies of all sizes the ability to enhance, secure, and customize OWA. Messageware products give organizations a greater return on their Microsoft Exchange investment, delivering solutions for over 2500 enterprises and four million users worldwide, including Fortune 500 companies and industries such as banking, education, financial services, government, healthcare and law. For more information, visit www.messageware.com.
Messageware Press Contact: Carol Arnold, Arnold Communications, (877) 718-4604 x2, [email protected].