MSExchangeTeam released a new version of the Exchange 2010 Mailbox Server Role Requirements calculator.
It's been a while since we discussed the Exchange 2010 Mailbox Server Role Requirements Calculator. Well I am pleased to say that today we are launching version 3.2 of the calculator.
This version includes the following improvements and new features:
- Added processor core guidance for Hub Transport and Client Access server roles.
- Added the ability to define a custom number of databases that you would like to implement in the solution.
- Added support for 2-node site resilient Database Availability Groups.
- Added 1 and 6 processor cores as selectable options.
- Improved breakdown of the activation scenarios in a site resilient solution.
- Improved breakout of the role requirements section.
- The Storage Design tab now indicates that when you select a custom RAID configuration that the calculator ignores RAID-5 and RAID-6 for 5.xK and 7.2K spindles due to performance concerns.
- Updated processor utilization results to show the processor utilization even if it is above the recommended threshold.
- Made conditional formatting improvements throughout the calculator to warn you when you have a configuration that will not work.
- Improved various cell comments.
Read more at source: http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2010/01/22/453859.aspx
Technorati : Exchange Server 2010, Mailbox Role Calculator
Del.icio.us : Exchange Server 2010, Mailbox Role Calculator
Zooomr : Exchange Server 2010, Mailbox Role Calculator
Flickr : Exchange Server 2010, Mailbox Role Calculator