Exchange Calendar Update Configuration Tool v2.0
The Exchange Calendar Update Tool enables administrators to update multiple user mailboxes and adjust calendars and meetings for daylight savings times.
Before you run the Exchange Calendar Update tool, refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base article 941018, "How to address daylight saving time by using the Exchange Calendar Update Tool," for complete information about potential effects on your IT environment and user base.
After you install the DST updates for Microsoft Windows, all old appointments that occur during the DST change periods will be incorrectly displayed as occurring one hour later. This is true for both recurring and single-instance appointments. These appointments must be updated so that they will be displayed correctly in Outlook, in Outlook Web Access, and in CDO-based applications. Outlook provides a tool that is named the Time Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft Office Outlook . This tool enables users to update their own calendars.
The Exchange Calendar Update Tool ("the Exchange tool") helps you avoid the challenges difficulties that are faced by administrators in deploying the Outlook tool widely to all users and to make sure that each user runs the Outlook tool correctly.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista; Windows XP
In order to be able to install and run the Exchange Calendar Update Configuration Tool, the computer on which the tool is run must meet the following requirements:
- Hard Disk Space: A minimum of 200MB of disk space.
- Microsoft Office: Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007 (Outlook 2007 is recommended.)
- Microsoft Exchange Server: Must not be installed on the computer.
- Microsoft Exchange Admin Tools: Must not be installed on the computer.
- Microsoft .NET Framework: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or a higher version.
The following permissions and user requirements are necessary to run the Exchange Calendar Update Configuration Tool:
- ?Administer Information Store? permissions on each Exchange Server MDB that must be updated
- ?Send as? permissions for all mailboxes that must be updated
- ?Full mailbox access? permissions for all mailboxes that must be updated
- Administrative rights on the local computer on which the Exchange Calendar Update Configuration Tool is run
- A mailbox in the Exchange Server forest that is being updated.