Exchange Server 2007 MP for OpsMgr 2007 v6.0.6461.0
The Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007 was recently updated to version 6.0.6461.0.
BTW, part 2 of my article Monitoring Exchange 2007 With System Center Operations Manager 2007 will be released very, very soon.
The Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 management pack is designed to be used for monitoring Exchange 2007 events, collecting Exchange component-specific performance counters in one central location, and for raising alerts for operator intervention as necessary. By detecting, sending alerts, and automatically responding to critical events, this management pack helps indicate, correct, and prevent possible service outages or configuration problems, allowing you to proactively manage Exchange servers and identify issues before they become critical. The management pack monitors and provides alerts for automatic notification of events indicating service outages, performance degradation, health monitoring, and centralized management.
This Management Pack requires Operations Manager 2007 Service Pack 1.
This Management Pack requires the Operations Manager 2007 updates specified in Knowledge Base articles 950853, 951979 and 951380 (see the Management Pack Guide for details).
The Exchange Server 2007 Management Pack includes rules and scripts to monitor and report on performance, availability, and reliability of all Exchange 2007 server roles including.
- Mailbox Server Role
- Client Access Server Role
- Hub Transport Server Role
- Edge Transport Server Role
- Unified Messaging Server Role
- 10/12/2007 - Original Release, version 6.0.5000.0
- 6/22/2008 - Updated Release, version 6.0.6278.12
- 7/24/2008 - Updated Release, version 6.0.6363.0
- 12/8/2008 - Updated Release, version 6.0.6461.0
Changes in This Update
The following list contains the issues that are fixed in version 6.0.6461.0 of the Exchange Server 2007 Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007:
- Updated the display name of the top level folder in the Operations console to “Exchange Server 2007 (Converted)”.
- Changed how the management pack monitors disks. Previously, disk monitoring rules lacked alert suppression. The following rules and monitors were disabled:
- Disk % Free Space low - Red(<10%)
- Disk % Free Space low - Yellow(<15%)
- Disk Free Megabytes low - Red(<20MB)
- Disk Free Megabytes low - Yellow(<40MB)
The following rules were added:
- Disk Free Space Low Red Rule (by default alerts if any disk has less than 20MB free space)
- Disk Free Space Low Yellow Rule (by default alerts if any disk has less than 40MB free space)
- Disk Percentage Free Space Low Red Rule (by default alerts if any disk has less than 10% free space)
- Disk Percentage Free Space Low Yellow Rule (by default alerts if any disk has less than 15% free disk space)
The new disk monitoring rules support alert suppression. It is also possible to use the Server Operating System Management Pack to monitor Exchange disk space, if desired. In that case, the above rules can be disabled.