You can use the eDiscovery Export tool in the EAC to export the results of an In-Place eDiscovery search to a PST file. This makes it easier to distribute the results to other people within the organization, such as a human resources manager or records manager, or to opposing counsel in a legal case.
To be able to export the results to a PST there are some pre-requisites:
- You need to be a member of the Discovery Management group;
- The computer you use to export search results to PST must be Windows 7 or later and have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 installed.
To perform the export itself:
- Go to Compliance management > In-place eDiscovery & hold;
- In the list view, select the In-Place eDiscovery search you want to export the results of, and then click Export to a PST file.
- In the Application Run – Security Warning window, click Run:
- In the eDiscovery PST Export Tool window, do the following:
- Click Browse to specify the location where you want to download the PST file to;
- Click the Enable deduplication checkbox to exclude duplicate messages. Only a single instance of a message will be included in the PST file;
- Click the Include unsearchable items checkbox to include mailbox items that could not be searched (for example, messages with attachments of file types that could not be indexed by Exchange Search). Unsearchable items are exported to a separate PST file.
- Click Start to export the search results to a PST file.
A window is then displayed containing the status information about the export process.