HotLink has released a free tool that can extend on-premise virtualization management infrastructure to public cloud resources like Amazon EC2. Hotlink Hybrid Express abstracts public cloud platforms and workloads so on-premise management consoles treat them just like on-premise hosts and virtual machines — fully integrated and managed as a unified pool of resources without the need for a separate management console.
Key features of the new HotLink Hybrid Express include the ability to:
- Manage Amazon EC2 resources natively inside SCVMM or vCenter — A single point of administration and management is enabled for all on-premise and off-premise computing resources.
- Migrate workloads with simple point and click — Amazon EC2 instances are provisioned as easily as existing on-premise virtual machines
- Create, use and manage hybrid snapshots — Administrators can create or revert to snapshots either on- or off-premise.
- Automate workload conversion — Integrated, seamless conversion and migration of both Windows and Linux workloads to and from Amazon EC2 eliminates the need to use off-line tools
- Use existing templates in hybrid environment — Amazon EC2 workloads can be provisioned from existing on-premise templates without rebuilding.
- Standardize policies across on and off-premise — IT can apply policies uniformly in a hybrid environment using existing management infrastructure and techniques.
- Apply automation across hybrid resources — A single point of integration via existing management infrastructure enables streamlined automation across hybrid resources.