Free tool of the month: VKernel vOPS Server Explorer
vOPS Server Explorer is a Free VM tool that is made up of multiple Free Utilities in one integrated virtual appliance that supports VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization. This plug-and-play appliance will have you up and running in 20 minutes. When you feel ready to go deeper and enjoy automated and/or 1-click resolution to the issues you discover, you already have the vOPS Server Standard appliance installed. You simply activate your vOPS Server Standard Free 30-Day Trial from within vOPS Server Explorer.
New VM Environment Utility:
Environment Explorer displays vital environment information at a glance such as:
- Number of critical VM configuration errors such as memory limits and old snapshots
- Counts of performance bottlenecks from high CPU ready, memory swapping, device latency and other causes
- Number of VMs with CPU, memory and storage over allocation
- Number of VMs that can be deployed without causing performance bottlenecks
- Pinpoint oversubscription of CPU, memory and storage resources and whether the over-allocation is impacting performance.