How do you address targeted attacks?
Trend Micro, a global vendor of IT security solutions like other major providers has a great deal of customer experiences when dealing with threats against their networks. In fact, during these collaborations, Trend Micro recognized certain misconceptions that IT Admins have in terms of targeted attacks.
- A targeted attack is a one-time effort
- There is a one-size-fits-all solution against targeted attacks
- Your company is not important enough to be attacked
- Targeted attacks always involve zero-day vulnerabilities
- Targeted attacks are a malware problem
Last month, another global vendor of IT security solutions – McAfee, uncovered targeted attacks carried out via spear phishing email against a French company.
Go here to get more details about this targeted attack on the French company which exploited a number of Microsoft Word vulnerabilities - http://blogs.mcafee.com/mcafee-labs/targeted-attacks-on-french-company-exploit-multiple-word-vulnerabilities