How To Create a Protocol Rule for Internet Access.
1. Open Access Policies and right click.
2. Select New, Rule:
3. This opens the New Protocol Rule Wizard. Give the new rule a name you will recognize and click next.
4. Since we want to limit what our people can do we will choose Selected Protocols and click next.
5. Scroll through the list of default protocols available within ISA and check the boxes.
Look for the FTP, NNTP, and SMTP etc. here. After selecting the protocols needed click next.
6. The default schedule is always, you can, if you have a schedule defined, apply that more restrictive schedule here to the access rules. Click next.
7. Now, you can choose who to allow to use this rule via groups or computers 9Client address sets). Click Next.
8. Time to Finish, use the scroll bar to determine what you have allowed and if all have been selected that you need click finish to apply.
Now you have an access policy for your users!
Author: Ellis M. George
Ellis M. George is a systems engineer with Trak 5, Inc, a consulting firm