How To Set Multiple Services On Multiple Remote Computers
This article can be useful for users who want to set multiple services on remote computers. The following steps can be performed to accomplish this:
1. Create a text file: Comps.TXT
2. Put all the computer names in it.
3. Create another text file and put all the services you want to start: Services.TXT
4. Create a batch file: SetServices.CMD and put the following lines in it:
- @ Echo OFF
- setlocal enabledelayedexpansion
- FOR /F "Tokens=*" %%L IN (Comps.TXT) DO (
- SET CompName=%%L
- FOR /F "Tokens=*" %%L IN (Services.TXT) DO SC \\!CompName! Start %%L auto
5. Finally, run the SetServices.CMD from a command window.
The above script start the services mentioned in the Services.TXT file on computers mentioned in the Comps.TXT file.