Important Changes to Forefront Product Roadmaps
Today, as a result of our effort to better align security and protection solutions with the workloads and applications they protect, Microsoft is announcing changes to the roadmaps of some of the security solutions made available under the Forefront brand.
- As part of this effort, the next release of Forefront Online Protection for Exchange, which has long been part of the Office 365 solution, will be named Exchange Online Protection.
- In response to customer demand, we are adding basic antimalware protection to Exchange Server 2013. This protection can be easily turned off, replaced, or paired with other services (like Exchange Online Protection) to provide a layered defense.
- We are discontinuing any further releases of the following Forefront-branded solutions:
- Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server (FPE)
- Forefront Protection 2010 for SharePoint (FPSP)
- Forefront Security for Office Communications Server (FSOCS)
- Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 (TMG)
- Forefront Threat Management Gateway Web Protection Services (TMG WPS)