Are you looking to deploy DirectAccess available from the Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 operating systems? And, are you planning to allow users to access corporate resources (such as e-mail servers, shared folders, or intranet Web sites) securely without connecting to a virtual private network (VPN) using DirectAccess?
Good news! The Infrastructure Planning and Design (IPD) Team has just announced the Beta release of the Infrastructure Planning and Design Guide for DirectAccess from the Microsoft Connect site.
What is the IPD Guide for DirectAccess?
The IPD Guide for DirectAccess provides actionable guidance for designing a DirectAccess infrastructure. The guide’s easy-to-follow, four-step process gives a straightforward explanation of the infrastructure required for clients to be connected from the Internet to resources on the corporate network, whether or not the organization has begun deploying IPv6.
What is included in this IPD Guide?
This guide include best practice that guides you through the 4-step process to design a DirectAccess infrastructure including the following:
- Aligning the project scope with the business requirements
- Determining whether IPv6, Teredo, 6to4, and IP-HTTPS connectivity will be supported for Internet-based clients
- Assessing the need for IPv6 transition technologies including NAT-PT and ISATAP for internal communication
- Determining the number and placement of servers, the certificate services requirements, and location of CRL distribution points
Get the IPD Guide for DirectAccess Now!
- Download the IPD Guide for DirectAccess (Beta) now!
- Get other guides from the Infrastructure Planning and Design Guides family for Virtualization, SQL Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 and so on.
- Check out the TechNet Edge video interview with Devrim Iyigun, Sr. Product Manager from the Windows 7 DirectAccess team.
- Get free download of other Windows 7 Solution Accelerators and Windows Server 2008 R2 Solution Accelerators besides the IPD guides.
Thomas W Shinder, M.D., MCSE
Sr. Consultant / Technical Writer