Talk about being fast!
Leader in hosted Exchange launches Exchange 2007 as a hosted service for small and medium businesses
New York, December 6, 2006 – Intermedia.NET, the leader in Microsoft Exchange hosting, is the first company to offer a hosted Exchange 2007 service. With a free copy of Microsoft Outlook 2003 included, businesses can now outsource their email and collaboration to the premiere provider of hosted Exchange and benefit from the most up-to-date technology available.
As the global leader in hosted Exchange services, Intermedia.NET will offer two options to our new clients: either sign up for hosted Exchange 2003 service, with a free upgrade to Exchange 2007 during the coming year; or sign up immediately for hosted Exchange 2007.
The hosted Exchange 2007 service from Intermedia.NET is based on the latest available Release Candidate of the software, which has been tested by Microsoft worldwide at many large corporations and is ready for production use by customers.
“By being the first Exchange host to offer Exchange 2007 to its customers, Intermedia.NET reaffirms its status as the industry leader, committed to offering the very best in hosted Exchange services,” said Intermedia.NET CEO Serguei Sofinski.
“Exchange 2007 is a tremendously exciting upgrade,” added Sofinski. “Intermedia.NET is looking forward to huge demand for its advanced new features, as well as for our own fully-managed Exchange 2007 hosting service, which is an ideal way to adopt the technology without the expense and implementation time of an in-house deployment.”
Hosted Exchange 2007 customers will be able to download Microsoft Outlook 2003 free of charge, with a free download of Outlook 2007 as soon as it becomes available as a standalone product. Customers may also use Outlook Web Access 2007 and the exciting new mobility options offered by Exchange 2007 combined with Windows Mobile. Some advanced features, such as unified communications, will be added into the Intermedia.NET service during the coming year.
Customers will be able to choose between a variety of plans with up to 1 GB per mailbox, starting at $9.95 per mailbox per month. Current SAN-based Small Business and Enterprise plan customers will be upgraded for free during the course of 2007, and all customers signing up now for Exchange 2007 hosting can start benefiting from its new features immediately.
Intermedia.NET has already begun a series of ongoing expansions to its control panel user interface in order to quickly equip its customers with all of the new Exchange features, as well as – in the near-term – adding Exchange 2007 integration with BlackBerry Enterprise Server, Good Mobile and other optional services.
The new version of Exchange presents significant new features, which Intermedia.NET will roll out to customers on a continuous basis during the coming year:
- Unified messaging that goes beyond email to faxes and voicemail to the inbox – which can be accessed from a regular phone.
- Updated anti-spam and anti-virus filtering and scanning capabilities as well as new encryption features for internal and Internet-based messaging.
- Enhanced calendaring, out-of-office, resource booking and meeting scheduling capabilities.
- Mobile “search” of an entire Microsoft Exchange mailbox from any Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 device, giving complete access to their complete mailbox, not just the messages in a handheld’s limited local memory.
- Improved performance and scalability, thanks to clustered 64-bit hardware.
- Outlook Web Access (OWA) 2007 greatly enhanced, including the ability to set “out-of-office” messages from OWA, and to “transcode” a variety of document types – including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and PDF files – from their native format into HTML, so that users can be productive from any location, even if those applications are not installed.
Intermedia.NET is a Microsoft Gold Certified partner, and companies looking for hosting services know that Intermedia.NET will provide unparalleled uptime, the absolute best in 24×7 support, as well as technical knowledge of the highest level.
Intermedia.NET hosted Exchange plans start at $9.95 per month for each user. For further details on our hosted Exchange 2007 offering, please visit http://www.intermedia.net/exchange-2007.
Intermedia.NET is the worldwide leader in Exchange hosting and Web hosting for small and medium businesses. A Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, we are committed to best-in-class 24×7 service. With three locations around the world, Intermedia.NET offers its growing customer base an outstanding technical team, guaranteed service levels, and ease of management through its unmatched HostPilot® Control Panel. Founded in 1995 and hosting Microsoft Exchange since 2000, its extremely reliable service and support have earned Intermedia.NET a reputation as one of the premiere provider of Exchange and Web hosting solutions. For more information, visit www.intermedia.net.
For more information, please contact: