Key Issues in Mobile Messaging - A New Paper by Osterman Research
Mobile messaging presents a variety of difficult challenges for corporate IT management:
- Mobile messaging use in the workplace is growing rapidly.
- Organizations support many different mobile platforms including BlackBerry®, Good™ Mobile Messaging, Windows Mobile® and more.
- A growing number of users employ mobile devices while at work, not just while on the road or otherwise away from the office.
- Mobile users are using a growing number of applications in addition to email.
- Mobile users tend to be higher profile and more demanding than the average email user.
These issues make mobile messaging management difficult, largely because organizations must add mobile capabilities to the already difficult tasks associated with managing conventional messaging systems, not to mention other applications.
This white paper discusses key trends in the mobile messaging space and the variety of challenges that organizations must satisfy for their growing base of mobile messaging users. This paper also identifies the significant benefits connected with working with USA.NET for a full messaging solution that includes both email hosting and mobile messaging hosting. With this combination, the IT staff and overall budget can now be focused on core components of the business.