Apparently there will be some changes in Microsoft certifications according to Trika Harms zum Spreckel blog entry (he is working in MS) :
- MCSA and MCSE are still the right certifications if you are working with WS2000 or WS2003.
- MCSA and MCSE will not retire.
- In one year, the WS2000 MCSA and MCSE exams will retire (that's the exams, not the credentials); more news of this to publish soon.
- If you are planning for any of the core MCSA/MCSE 2003 exams, there are offers on related training: e-learning, ALL training kits and a few reference books, and practice tests through April/May 2007. Learn more.
- There are new elective options for SA/SE tracks
- Longhorn Server certifications will be in the "new generation" structure of MCTS (3 exams) and MCITP (2 exams, respectively); no details yet on names/exam numbers/paths
- Read the complete post here: http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2007/03/29/mcsa-mcse-and-windows-server-longhorn-certifications.aspx