The Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit is a powerful inventory, assessment, and reporting tool that can securely assess IT environments for various platform migrations and virtualization without the use of any software agents. This versatile toolkit:
- Quickly discovers clients, servers, and applications across your IT environment.
- Conducts migration and virtualization assessments for your IT projects.
- Auto-generates reports and proposals.
- Scales well to small businesses as well as large enterprises.
Get Reports and Proposals for PC Security
When you use the MAP Toolkit to assess the security of your client infrastructure, you get the following reports and proposals:
- PC Security Assessment Report. Identification of physical and virtual machines that may represent security risks in your environment (for example, machines where firewall, anti-spyware, or anti-virus products are not found, not running, or not up-to-date as reported by Windows Security Center).
- Security Readiness Proposal. Overview of Network Access Protection (NAP) within Windows Server 2008 and Forefront Client Security, and the benefits it can provide for your IT environment.
- Security Readiness Report. Assessment of machines running a client operating system as well as your server environment in terms of readiness to support NAP and Forefront Client Security
Check out the MAP toolkit at:
Thomas W Shinder, M.D., MCSE
Sr. Consultant / Technical Writer