The GSX Blog
Microsoft kicked off yesterday in Chicago with over 23,000 IT experts and decision makers listening to Satya Nadella’s Keynote, delivering his strategy of “Mobile First, Cloud First”.
The main routes for this year in terms of product announcements will be based on 3 big areas:
• Personal computing
• Productivity and business process
• Intelligent Cloud
To empower his words, Nadella invited Real Madrid CEO José Ángel Sánchez as a special guest, to explain to the audience how Microsoft’s technology has transformed the soccer club by the implementation of new tools to improve communications with fans and business operations. With about 450 millions fans, Sanchez explained how challenging it was to create relationships and engaging with them. “Technology is making this possible as it brings these people together and creates a relationship between us and them,” he said. “We admit that Microsoft’s technologies are really helping us transform the club to create enormous B2C opportunities all over the planet”
Many announcements were made during this 3-hour Keynote. Below, some of the most important:
• Next generation of Hybrid Cloud environments with Microsoft Operation Management suites; to orchestrate all Cloud infrastructures using an IT control panel and help manage data in a Hybrid Cloud environment.
• Windows Server and System Center 2016 with new provisioning, monitoring and automation abilities for data centers.
• Windows update for business allowing to keep control on which machines have Windows updates and when they proceed them, to protect critical business machines.
• Skype for Business with new features such as the ability to broadcast business meetings to 10,000 people; pre-loaded meeting attachments and in-call co-authoring. In addition, servers will be used to control unified communications with Skype for Business available for Android, iOS, MAC, Windows and the web.
GSX technical experts are available at booth #620 to help you assess the Quality of Service (QoS) of your Messaging and Collaboration applications with all type of deployments. The QoS diagnostic is conducted and based on five components, which gather a total of 50 statistics to grade messaging applications:
- System performance,
- Application performance,
- Resource optimization,
- Storage optimization,
- End-user experience
Stay tuned for hit news live from Microsoft Ignite and stop by to enter to win a Nokia Lumia and 2 Microsoft Bands! Our GSX Solutions team is looking forward to meeting you!