Office 2016 Deployment Tool v16.0.6508.6350
By default, Office 2016 installations that use Click-to-Run will download the Office product from the Internet, with full UI, and with automatic updates enabled.
Some administrators will need more control beyond the default Click-to-Run installation behavior in order to work best in their environments.
Using the Office Deployment Tool, an administrator may:
• Download an Office installation source to a network share location
• Configure an installation to use a network share as the installation source instead of the Internet
• Configure an installation to suppress all UI
• Configure whether Office will automatically update or not
• Configure which products and languages to install
• Remove Office Click-to-Run products
Administrators run the Office Deployment Tool at the command line. The tool creates a configuration file, which the administrator can modify to specify what the desired action is.
Learn more about the Office Deployment Tool and the options expressed in the configuration file from these links:
Customization overview for Click-to-Run
Office Deployment Tool for Click-to-Run
Click-to-Run for Office 365 Configuration.xml file
Download Click to Run for Office 365 products by using the Office Deployment Tool
Deploy Click-to-Run for Office 365 products by using the Office Deployment Tool
• Fixed an issue where source files held in the same folder where the ODT was executed from were ignored, forcing a download of source files from the Office CDN
• Enables users to download, configure and install Office 2016 builds
• Support for branches (see TechNet documentation for more information)
• Fixed an issue where SourcePath is required when downloading Office 2016 builds directly from the Office CDN