Fax? Are we still using them? Most certainly! While for many of us, the fax is an outdated technology that was long replaced by emails and other forms of communication, in reality, there are still a huge number of businesses that rely on faxes to send and receive official communication. But what has changed is the way they are sent and received. Most companies have moved away from traditional fax machines and are increasingly relying on online fax services that offer the same convenience and security, but without the hassles of a bulky fax machine, toners, and paper.
This use of online fax services has seen a big spike in recent months, because of the worldwide lockdown that has forced millions of people to stay indoors and work from home. During such trying times, online fax services have helped people and businesses to continue sending secure and reliable communications to keep their respective businesses rolling in the best way possible.
Now, this brings up an important question. Which are the best online fax services, and if you’ve never used one before or want to move to a better one, which is the best choice?
To answer these questions, we have compiled a set of top online fax services that come loaded with features and are affordable.
GFI FaxMaker Online
GFI FaxMaker Online is an Internet-based faxing service that is simple to use and hassle-free as it requires no installation at all. This online fax service is affordable as well, as it entails no upfront hardware and software costs. And obviously, there are no maintenance expenses such as paper, toners, phone systems, modems, and more! In addition, reduced power needs and improved employee productivity help to cut down costs, making it a great value for your money. Since it supports all popular platforms, your employees can send and receive faxes from wherever they are and this adds to its flexibility as well.
Besides the above advantages, GFI FaxMaker Online comes with many other cool features that enhance employee productivity and give the best value for your money.
- Highly scalable and can grow with your business.
- Each user or department can have a personalized cover page for their messages.
- Extensive reports provide all the insights you need.
- Automatically routes incoming faxes to ensure you don’t miss anything.
- Allows you to send and receive multiple faxes simultaneously without having to wait for one communication to end.
- You can fax any document, image, or anything that can be printed.
- Choose an existing fax number or can get a new one, it is up to you.
- An intuitive dashboard gives you complete control over your faxes.
- Options to send or receive faxes securely for HIPAA or other regulatory requirements.
Click here to download a trial version of GFI FaxMaker Online.
SRFax is a secure online fax service that is designed to meet HIPAA compliance, thereby making it a good choice for health-care companies. It is highly secure as all information is encrypted from the time you log into it and all its servers have 24-hour physical security and backup servers.
Some of the prominent features of this tool are:
- Uses end-to-end encryption to protect sensitive data.
- It is HIPAA compliant.
- Supports multiple user accounts and unlimited authorized email addresses.
- The same fax can be sent to more than 50 recipients at the same time.
- There is no storage limitation for sent and received faxes.
- Comes with 24/7 email support.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Comes with a tiered pricing structure to meet the needs of different businesses.
eFax is another popular online faxing service that makes it easy to sign and send documents to any part of the world. This is a convenient and secure way to send and receive communication without the hassles of owning a fax machine.
The salient features of eFax are:
- It has an app for both iOS and Android devices.
- Allows you to send a fax by email.
- Supports electronic signatures.
- Facilitates large file sharing.
- Gives the option to search through faxes to find the one you want.
- Comes with unlimited fax storage.
- Has a free local and toll-free number.
Click here to start your 14-day free trial.
RingCentral is a powerful online fax service that comes loaded with many features to make it easy to send and receive different kinds of files through your computer. It gives the freedom to send important documents from any device and location, thereby giving your employees a great deal of flexibility during emergencies.
The notable features of RingCentral are:
- Gives the option to send and receive faxes from computers, tablets, and smartphones.
- Securely transmits your documents through an encrypted connection.
- Comes with many advanced features such as the ability to fax to groups, block faces based on called IDs, and more.
- Electronic fax logs are available online and you can see it at any time when you log in.
- You can use existing fax numbers or select a new toll-free number.
- Fax messages are sent and received in the background, so there are no interruptions to whatever you’re doing on your phone or computer.
Click here to start your 30-day free trial.
FaxBetter is an Internet-based fax service to send and receive faxes without a fax machine and other associated software. When you sign up, you get a toll-free number, and faxes received to this number are emailed to the associated email ID within minutes, making it a convenient way to handle all your fax needs.
- Requires no hardware or software.
- You can search through your emails to find the fax you want.
- Comes with unlimited storage with no time limits.
- Advanced spam filters keep the unnecessary messages out of your inbox.
- Highly secure.
- You get a toll-free number when you sign up.
Click here to sign up for this service.
mFax is a secure cloud-based fax service that supports multiple users on a single account. Its user-friendly interface and toll-free number add to its appeal as well.
Here’s a look at some of the features of this tool.
- Documents are encrypted at rest and during transit
- This tool has other security features such as user authentication, audit trails, intrusion detection, and more.
- Highly reliable and has backup servers for any eventuality.
- You can integrate it with existing applications through its API.
- It has a simple and intuitive interface.
Start your free trial here.
Online fax service: Hassle-free flexibility
An online fax service gives the best of both worlds as you can send and receive documents securely without the hassles of owning and maintaining a fax machine. Due to this convenience, many companies choose to opt for this service as it also gives employees the flexibility to fax from any device and location.
The products we looked at here are some of the best and most popular choices available today and we hope it helps you to make an informed choice based on their features, pricing structure, and applicability to your organization.
Featured image: GFI Software
More Remote Work articles
- Best remote work collaboration tools to maintain peak productivity
- Free remote work tools for IT teams during coronavirus pandemic
- Integrating Azure MFA with Always On VPN for better security
- Best and most secure VPN services for small businesses
- Using VMware Horizon to connect to remote computers without a VPN