Through the years I've used Vamsoft's ORFEE AS/AV product as the first line of defense in several messaging environments I've deployed, not only because it's affordable for most organizations, but also becuase it's a great product on an equal footing with many of the more expensive solutions.
Good news! The first public beta build of version 4.0 is out (get it here).
Among the improvements are:
- Log Improvements: Email subject logging (enabled by default), improved log filtering and search.
- Auto Sender Whitelist Automatic Response Detection: Prevents automatic responses (e.g. Out of Office autoresponses) from polluting your Auto Sender Whitelist (enabled by default).
- Combined Actions: Allows tagging and redirecting the email at the same time.
- Whitelist Test Exceptions: This feature allows some blacklist tests to take precedence over whitelists (Attachment Filtering, External Agents, Active Directory Integration and the Recipient Blacklist), thus malicious content can be filtered even when the email source is whitelisted.
- External Databases: Use Microsoft® SQL Server® databases for storing the Auto Sender Whitelist and Greylisting data.
- 64-bit Support: Now you can run ORF on 64-bit Windows Servers.