The Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector 14.0 was recently anounced by the Microsoft Outlook Team:
After several months of beta testing, Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector 14.0 has officially been released as a replacement for Outlook Connector 12. Outlook Hotmail Connector 14.0 is compatible with Outlook 2003, 2007, and 2010.
Why use the Outlook Hotmail Connector?
If you have been using Outlook Connector 12.1, you already know that it enables you to manage your Windows Live Hotmail e-mail messages, calendar, and contacts from within Outlook.
Outlook Hotmail Connector 14.0 introduces several improvements. For example, you might notice after upgrading that the connection to Hotmail is more reliable than before, and issues such as blank messages being synchronized to Outlook have been fixed.
Even better with Outlook 2010
With Outlook Hotmail Connector 14.0 and Outlook 2010, you see these additional benefits:
- Junk filter settings. Your safe sender, blocked sender, and safe recipient lists are synchronized between Outlook and Hotmail.
- Integrated Send/Receive. Send/receive works just as it does for your other Outlook accounts.
- Integrated connection status. The Hotmail account status appears in the Outlook status bar.
- Rule support for secondary accounts. Rules can be applied to the Hotmail account in Outlook, even if that is not your Outlook primary account.
- Synchronize your drafts. The Outlook Drafts folder synchronizes with the Hotmail Drafts folder.
How to install Outlook Hotmail Connector 14.0
To install Outlook Hotmail Connector, whether you have an older version of Outlook Connector already installed, or you are a new user, do the following:
1. Go to the Microsoft Download Center at one of the following locations.
For Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010 (32-bit):
Outlook Hotmail Connector 14.0 for Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010 32-bit
For Outlook 2010 (64-bit):
Outlook Hotmail Connector 14.0 for Outlook 2010 64-bit
2. Download the setup file by clicking Download next to OutlookConnector.exe, and then save the file to your hard disk.
3. In the folder where you saved the installer, double-click OutlookConnector.exe to start the setup program.
4. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen to complete the installation.
The version number of the new Outlook Hotmail Connector is 14.0.4760.1000.