Patching your ESXi host with vCenter
Were you aware that you can patch a VMware ESXi host with using vCenter? You can - using the "VMware vSphere Host Update Utility". Sander Daems posted a step-by-step guide on how to patch your hosts using this utility.
- Open the "VMware vSphere Host Update Utility" and add your host by name or ip address
- Fill in your credentials to connect the ESXi host
- Click on "Patch Host" and the Update Utility will scan your host
- Select the patches you want to install, click on "Install" to confirm the installation
- The system will enter Maintenance Mode > Download selected patches and give you patching status
- After installing the patches the host will restart automatically