pgAdmin III is the most popular and feature rich Open Source administration and development platform for PostgreSQL, the most advanced Open Source database in the world. The application may be used on Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, Mac OSX and Windows platforms to manage PostgreSQL 7.3 and above running on any platform, as well as commercial versions of PostgreSQL such as Pervasive Postgres, EnterpriseDB, Mammoth Replicator and SRA PowerGres.
The pgAdmin Development Team are pleased to announce the release of pgAdmin 1.6.2, the Open Source graphical PostgreSQL administration tool for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X and Solaris, now available for download in source and a variety of binary formats from:
v1.6.2 is primarily a bug fix release, including the following changes:
- Prevent the filter/sort options dialogue being opened when data is being refreshed, per Erwin Brandstetter.
- Fix per-table autovacuum settings for PostgreSQL >= 8.2 per Devrim Gunduz.
- Fix some oddities in the way current per-table vacuum settings are displayed.
- Build against PostgreSQL 8.2 on Windows.
- Restore dialog sizes correctly.
- Ensure column headers and the insert row are shown in the edit grid when no rows exist in the table being editted, per Bob Pawley.
- Properly size the backup dialog, per Patrick Headley.
- Add ‘…’ to truncated column comments in table SQL, per Erwin Brandstetter.
- Reverse engineer columns with multi-word names (like ‘timestamp with timezone’) correctly so that precision and array modifiers are included properly. Per Erwin Brandstetter.
- Avoid a crash when closing the query tool on Solaris [Dhanaraj M].
- Properly drop foreign keys in schemas whose names require quoting, per M S.
- Avoid displaying multi line data in single line list controls, per Clodoaldo Pinto Neto.
- Refresh database objects correctly, per Guy Rouillier.
- Enable the OK button on the database properties dialog when variables are changed.
Technorati : PostgreSQL, Windows, data, database, management, server
Del.icio.us : PostgreSQL, Windows, data, database, management, server
Ice Rocket : PostgreSQL, Windows, data, database, management, server