Over the past few weeks, I’ve spoken to a number of people that are considering adding Hyper-V 3 to their data centers in 2013. Some cite Hyper-V’s lower costs while other indicate that it’s become a “good enough” solution, even for many enterprise needs.
I’d be very interested in hearing more from the community on this. Are these stories simply anomalies or are we seeing the beginning of a tren?
Regardless of your migrations plans — or lack thereof — here are a few questions:
- Are you considering use of Hyper-V in your environment?
- Why or why not?
- If yes, will Hyper-V be used in production or just for testing/development?
- Would you consider replacing vSphere with Hyper-V or would Hyper-V be added as a second hypervisor?
- Are you using other hypervisors besides vSphere and/or Hyper-V?
- Do you believe that the new Hyper-V presents a competitive issue for vSphere?
Short answers are fine, but I’d love some responses!