CionSystems GPOManager offers a mechanism to control important operations on Group Policy within Active Directory such as GPO workflow management, check in/check out, change control, backup/restore, reports and rollback-is needed to effectively manage GPOs across the enterprise. GPOs, Scope of Management links, and WMI filters are backed up in a secure, distributed manner and then placed under version control.
GPOManager offers following benefits and more
- Simplifies and automates critical tasks, reduces outages by eliminating manual process and scripts
- Helps prove compliance to ITIL, MOF, SOX, Basel II, HIPAA and C-198.
- Improves availability and disaster recovery via backup and rollback capabilities.
- Simplifies the enforcement of enterprise-wide business policies by enabling streamlined GPO control via workflow.
- Simplifies and improves network security by restricting access to production GPOs.
- Gives Active Directory administrators and security personnel's control of GPO changes, to eliminate system outages and security exposures
- Allows administrators to edit and test GPOs and have them approved before they are deployed
- Provides a way to quickly roll back changes
- Archives all GPO settings
- Leverages, complements and extends native Microsoft technology, including Group Policy Management Console (GPMC), to strengthen infrastructure investments
- Version Comparisons: Quickly verify setting consistency and improve GPO auditing with advanced, side-by-side GPO version comparisons at different intervals.
- Enhanced Group Policy Comparison and side-by-side two distinct GPO'S , two Versions and with Existing GPO with a Checkout copy GPO comparisons to verify setting consistency.
- GPO history and Compare: to record all changes to GPO's
- Delete version history: to manage and reduce size of backup store
- Undo GPO changes: Rolled back to previous versions.
- Approval-based workflow: process to ensure that changes adhere to change management best practices before their deployment.
- Configure workflow: to enable organizational requirements and set for specified users or groups on edit settings, cloak and uncloak and lock and unlock.
- Workflow Commenting: Track the request, review and approval process with comments and e-mail notifications at any stage.
- Scheduling: Enable approved changes to be implemented immediately or on a schedule.
- Microsoft Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) for familiar look and feel.
- Cloaking: Hidden pre-production GPS from all but selected administrators.
- GPO check-in and check-out to prevent simultaneous editing conflicts.
- GPO locking: to prevent unwanted changes to product GPOs.
- Backup and Restore: Schedules the ALL GPO's Backup or selected GPO's to be taken at a specified date and time
- Delegation and permissions management: Delegates or provide Read, Edit, Apply Permissions on GPO to Users
- Day to Day task : Perform common GPO Actions/Tasks like Create , Edit, Delete, Link, Rename ,Backup, Import, Restore GPO, add comments to GPO, View, Enable, Disable
- Manage security: Apply Filters to GPO
- Copy /Paste : Create a duplicate GPO with same settings
- Reports: Creates Report of all GPO'S at a specified Location.
- Advance Categorizing: Easily find GPOS that are Linked , Unlinked, Orphaned, Disabled, Deleted etc.
- Replication: To replicate the data among the Available domain controllers
- Delegation: To grant Permission for Users to create GPO. To Apply WMI Filter.
- Grant Permission on All GPO's: To grant permission for users on all GPO's to read, Edit ,delete.
— SDM Software
GPCM provides centralized and historical reporting of Group Policy processing across your environment. It reports on GP settings that have been received by a target system, GP processing health and any errors that have occurred across the entire domain or an OU. It leverages agentless, multi-threaded collection of GP processing detail to allow you to get installed and running quickly. Powerful search features let you locate a system, a user, a GPO or a particular GPO setting across the environment. Roll-up report provide management level-detail about the success and failure of Group Policy at the domain or OU level.
McAfee Policy Auditor provides consolidated audits, broadens visibility, prevents disruption to critical applications among other features. This easy-to-manage solution automates and simplifies the process, helping you to quickly assess patch deployment progress, monitor critical security configurations, and report consistently and accurately against key industry mandates and internal policies across your entire infrastructure or on specific systems.
NetIQ Group Policy Administrator provides an offline environment to help you securely manage Group Policy Objects. This allows you to plan, troubleshoot, and report on Group Policy administration activity without impacting the performance and availability of your live Active Directory environment. It also helps you reduce risk; prevent service interruptions; and
achieve, maintain, and demonstrate regulatory compliance.