Back in 2012, Microsoft released the PST Capture Tool that allows administrators to scan the network for Outlook PST files and import them into primary or archive mailboxes of an on-premise Exchange deployment or Exchange Online. For more details on this tool, please check the MSExchange.org Microsoft PST Capture Tool article. http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2010/management-administration/microsoft-pst-capture-tool-part1.html
In February 2013, Microsoft released the second version of this tool. This new version includes several improvements:
- Support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2013;
- The code have been updated to use Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTP);
- Fixed Exchange Online import failure issue when PST Capture is not installed on an Exchange server;
- Removed the limit of 1,000 users when performing an import to Exchange Online;
- General performance improvements.