Here’s today’s scenario: You are managing your role-based access control (RBAC) roles in the Azure Portal and start getting the following error message: “Role assignments created at root scope must be removed by using the command line.” Now what?
The solution can be easily accomplished by using Cloud Shell. Use PowerShell mode, and we will use the Remove-AZRoleAssignment cmdlet. The syntax of the cmdlet is listed below. Just replace the username and the role definition name to match your requirement.
Remove-AZRoleAssignment -SignInName <[email protected]> -RoleDefinitionName "User Access Administrator" -Scope "/"
Nice and easy!
More Quick Tips articles
- Enabling Front Door managed certificates in Azure: Status update
- How to quickly check the status of all your Azure services
- Using location in a consistent way in your ARM template parameters
- Using environment as variables in your Azure DevOps pipelines
- Removing Log Analytics with the soft-delete option