I'm working on an integration article between OCS and OWA and during my time writing all those process I realized that a script may be handy for some administrators.
The idea is really simple, the administrator will run the script (I named it as IMEXIntegration.ps1) and the script will list and ask you about the proper OCS Front End/Pool and that's it. In the background the script will perform all those tasks.
So, I started to create a script for the Exchange side and in the current stage we have the following features:
- A backup of the current web.config is created (Yes, you will be covered if something goes wrong)
- The attributes IMCertificateIssuer and IMCertificateSerialNumber will be filled out automatically based on the certificate that you have on your CAS Server
- A list of all OCS Front End and Pool servers will be listed and you just need to type in the correct pool
- OWA Virtual Directory is configured automatically
- IISreset is done at the end (by the way I'm not using /noforce in that script)
- A folder IMBackup will be created underneath OWA folder and it will contain any changes made by the script on the web.config
What I'm still working on is.. enabling the firewall rules and download and install the Web Service Provider Installer Package and its additional tools.
If you want to help me on this one, please drop me a line and as soon as we have more improvements I will be updating this post.
The script can be found at this address: http://msmvps.com/blogs/andersonpatricio/pages/script-imexintegration-ps1-v1.aspx
Technorati : CWAOWASSP.msi, Exchange Server 2010, OCS and OWA Integration, Script
Del.icio.us : CWAOWASSP.msi, Exchange Server 2010, OCS and OWA Integration, Script
Zooomr : CWAOWASSP.msi, Exchange Server 2010, OCS and OWA Integration, Script
Flickr : CWAOWASSP.msi, Exchange Server 2010, OCS and OWA Integration, Script