Security Update for Microsoft Outlook XP (KB946985)
Microsoft released recently Security Update for Microsoft Outlook 2002 (KB946985).
A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Outlook 2002 that could allow arbitrary code to run when you click on a maliciously modified hyperlink. This update resolves that vulnerability.
You can get specific information about this update in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article Description of the Security Update for Microsoft Outlook 2002 (KB946985).
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 98; Windows ME; Windows NT; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 2
- This update applies to the following product: Microsoft Outlook 2002
- To install the update, you must have the following:
- Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)
- Microsoft Windows Installer version 2.0 or later. Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 and Microsoft Windows XP include this version of the Windows Installer. Otherwise, the latest version of Windows Installer is available as a separate download at the following locations: