Strategic Messaging Exchange Server 2010
Strategic Messaging Exchange Server 2010 – Technical Decisions for Next Generation Messaging is a free, half-day seminar sponsored by Microsoft and TechTarget.
Session 1: Exchange 2010: Accelerate Your Understanding
Led by Lee Benjamin
This session begins by examining the history of Exchange and the issues and pain points of the earlier versions, such as memory, database, and scalability limits, as well as DR and clustering complexity, to name just a few. It will then go on to examine Exchange Server 2010 as the next evolutionary step from Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007. Our expert speaker Lee Benjamin also discusses the architecture of Exchange 2010, and drills down into some of the improved features in the latest version, such as:
- Topology changes: what are implications in moving from the Front-End/Back-End topology of 2003, to the 5 Role’s in 2007, and enhancements in 2010 such as moving MAPI/Outlook access to the CAS and off the Mailbox server role
- The Database Availability Group (DAG): perhaps the single most significant change in the Exchange Server design, a look at the storage model that supports DAGs, and what does this say about good old backup and recovery
- High availability and resilience features: IT can now configure up to 16 Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 mailbox servers to provide automatic database-level recovery from a database, server or network failure
- Performance: learn how transitioning to Exchange 2010 decreases IOPS by 70% for Exchange 2007 users and by 90% for Exchange 2003 users
- Transition and migration: how to get from Exchange 2007 or Exchange 2003 or potentially earlier versions, what tools are available, and where to go for the most up to date information
- And more
Lee finishes his session with a live Q&A session during which he will take questions from the audience and provide his personalized expert advice.
Session 2: Introduction to Exchange Server 2010
Led by Microsoft
Exchange Server 2010 is the cornerstone of Microsoft’s unified communications solution. Hear how this latest release helps customers achieve new levels of reliability and performance, by delivering features that help simplify administration, protect communications, and delight users. This session will highlight key innovations and enhancements made in Exchange 2010 across three product investment areas: “Flexible and Reliable”, “Anywhere Access”, and “Protection and Compliance”.
Technical Solution Sessions
- Exchange 2010: Three Server and Storage Architecture Models from Dell to Maximize Your ROI
Led by Dell
- Assisting and Accelerating Upgrades to Exchange Server 2010
Led by CommVault
- Best Practices for Migrating to and Managing Exchange 2010
Led by Quest Software