Microsoft has just released System Center Operations Manager 2007 SP1 Internet Information Services 7.0 Monitoring support.
If you read my article Monitoring Exchange 2007 With System Center Operations Manager 2007, in Part 1 and Part 4 I recommend the installation of additional Management Packs, besides the Exchange Server 2007 MP.
The IIS Management Pack is recommended because exchange rely on these services for some of its features (OWA, for instance).
This QFE updates the System Center Operations Manager 2007 Agent to allow it to monitor Windows Server 2008 Internet Information Services 7.0 Servers.
Important Notice: A problem was found with this package, we are working on resolving it.
This hotfix must be applied to each computer that meets the following criteria:
- Hosts a Microsoft Operations Manager Root Management Server
- Hosts a Microsoft Operations Manager Management Server
- Hosts a Microsoft Operations Manager Gateway Server
- Host a Microsoft Operations Manually Installed Agent (Discover-based agent deployment not used)
To extract the hotfix files contained in this hotfix:
- Copy the file, SystemCenterOperationsManager2007-SP1-KB957123-X86-X64-IA64-ENU.MSI, to either a local folder or accessible network shared folder.
- Then run SystemCenterOperationsManager2007-SP1-KB957123-X86-X64-IA64-ENU.MSI locally on each applicable computer that meets the predefined criteria.
You can run SystemCenterOperationsManager2007-SP1-KB957123-X86-X64-IA64-ENU.MSI from either Windows Explorer or from a command prompt.
NOTE: To run this file on Windows Server 2008 you must run this file from a command prompt which was executed with the Run as Administrator option. Failure to execute this Windows installer file under an elevated command prompt will not allow display of the System Center Operations Manager 2007 Software Update splash screen to allow installation of the hotfix.