Microsoft recently released the System Center Service Manager – Exchange Connector 2.0.
The System Center Service Manager – Exchange Connector 2.0 connects Service Manager to Exchange for processing incoming emails related to incidents and change requests and sending notifications from the console.
The System Center Service Manager – Exchange Connector connects Service Manager to Exchange for processing incoming emails related to incidents and change requests. The emails can update the incident action log or change the status of an incident to resolved or closed. Incoming emails with special keywords allow a change request reviewer to approve or reject a review activity and activity implementers can mark activities assigned to them as completed. The SendEmail solution allows analysts to send messages to users via email from the console.
Feature Bullet Summary: The Exchange Connector 2.0 release is compatible with Service Manager 2010 SP1. It contains the bug fixes and still contains the original set of features including:
- Create incident from email
- Update incident action log from email
- Resolve or close incidents from email
- Approve/reject change requests from email
- Update change request “action log” from email
- Mark manual activities completed from email
- Add email file attachment to work items as attachments
- Send notifications to users from the console