The Challenge of Information Security Management, Part 1
Here's a great article about the challenges we face as network security admins on Microsoft and mixed infrastructure networks.
- Can we get rid of the technology that introduces security issues?
- What are we really protecting? - our jobs, our company or data?
- The defenders Dilemma - who are the "bad guys" given our role as data defenders?
- Major conflict - business agility versus data security
- Keeping the Lights off - turn on lights that support the mission, leave the others off
- What happens if you neglect information security?
- Watch out for the G-men, they're a' coming
- What is considered acceptable risk (security is always a compromise)
Check out this fine article at:
Thomas W Shinder, M.D., MCSE
Sr. Consultant / Technical Writer