From Windows SDK blog :
The Windows SDK team is proud to announce that the RTM release of the Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5 is now live for customers to install!
The Windows SDK is available to install as either an
- ISO, or
- Web Setup
This SDK release supports Windows Server 2008, .NET Framework 3.5, and Windows Vista SP1 and is compatible with Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2005 SP1; including Visual Studio Express Editions.
The following is a small sampling of what’s in this SDK, with a more complete list available in the Getting Started section in the Windows SDK documentation.
- Support for Windows Server 2008 (x86, x64, and Itanium), .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista (including SP1), and Windows XP
- Visual Studio 2008 C++ command line compiler toolset (with /analyze support) and matching CRT
- The SDK headers, libs, and tools integrate with VS2008 when both the SDK and VS2008 are installed
- New tools such as XPerf, SqlMetal, xsltc, gc, topoedit, aspnet_merge, and wsdcodegen.
- Documentation and samples (2200+ sample projects) to explain usage of new Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5 features as well as previous platform features.
Stayed tuned to the Windows SDK blog as well as the Windows SDK MSDN Developer Center over the coming days and weeks for more information about the Windows SDK. As always, please look over the Release Notes for a description of known issues before you install the SDK.
Barry R. Butterklee
Windows SDK Release PM