You can specify the following settings when configuring an alert to run a program when it is triggered:
- Path location of the program.
- Parameters required for running the program.
- Credentials for running the program.
Note the following:
- Use the Local Security Policy to configure user privileges.
- If you specify an alert to run a program, the program path specified must exist on the ISA Server computer, and we recommend that you use an environment variable (such as %SystemDrive%) within the path name.
- Be sure that the specified user has Logon as batch job privileges.
- When the alert action is to execute a command, the path specified for the command action must exist on the ISA Firewall device. We recommend that you use environment variables (such as %SystemDrive%) within the path name.
- Do not specify an interactive program that requires user input.
The new alert will appear in the list of alert definitions
For more information on ISA Firewall Alerting and Reporting, check out: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/isa/2006/monitori...