Accessing information from any device at any time and from any place has become an integral part of our lives. This is possible due to the advancements in cloud computing, mobile technology, and, more importantly, the underlying networks that support them. SD-WAN is one of the latest network technologies that has taken the world by storm. In fact, this technology is considered to be an important step in the evolution of networking and lays the foundation for future developments in the areas of the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence, and more. At the heart of SD-WAN is software that helps to build and manage complex and long-distance networks. Undoubtedly, it saves time and effort for employees and boosts their productivity, not to mention the cost-savings for organizations. Due to its innumerable benefits, many SD-WAN vendors are offering this service today. Shifting to SD-WAN is a big decision for organizations, so choosing the right provider makes a big difference to your operations. Keeping all this in mind, here are top SD-WAN vendors that can help you leverage the benefits of this futuristic technology that is available now.
Exinda SD-WAN is a popular product that can intelligently manage routers, detect fluctuations in your ISP performance and adapt to the changes accordingly, add bandwidth to your network when needed, and can avoid interruptions to your Internet service and applications.
- With the right Exinda SD-WAN tunnel, you can avoid blackouts in real-time without affecting the application SLAs in any way, thereby improving the rate of your application uptime.
- Supports sticky routing, which is the ability for traffic to be reassigned to the original WAN after a blackout.
- Increases the quality of uptime by recognizing and addressing issues such as jitter and increased latency.
- Combines traffic shaping with dynamic bandwidth reservations for guaranteed bandwidth availability for different applications.
- Application-specific overlay tunnels allocate WAN resources automatically to address networking problems.
- Bonds well with multiple WAN links from many service providers and technologies.
- Prioritizes critical network application traffic.
- Easily connects branch and main offices.
- Automatically routes traffic in an efficient way.
- Makes the necessary changes to the network to improve its overall performance.
From these above features, it’s clear that Exinda SD-WAN increases the performance of your network and reduces bandwidth problems and in the process, prepares your network for the future.
Cisco SD-WAN is a cloud-first architecture that gives a predictable application experience without compromising on security in any way. Its vManage console makes it easy to use SD-WAN to connect data centers, branch offices, and colocation facilities to leverage its many benefits such as increased speed, security, connectivity, and efficiency.
This vManage dashboard gives you complete control over your SD-WAN and through it, guarantees zero downtime for multiple connections based on different technologies.
- Its centralized cloud management makes it easy to deploy SD-WAN across thousands of sites.
- Gives real-time analytics, visibility, and control over your applications and in the process improves the overall user productivity.
- Comes with threat intelligence to identify vulnerabilities at the earliest.
- Makes it easy to deploy cloud security across many devices and applications.
- Offers the flexibility to deploy WAN over any connection type such as MPLS, LTE, and the Internet.
- You can add on-demand services like firewall IPS, cloud security, WAN optimization, and URL filtering at any time.
- Works well on both physical and virtual platforms.
- Its onRamp feature makes it easy to connect to IaaS or PaaS cloud environments easily.
- Provides instant visibility into traffic, deployment, and management.
Because of these features, Cisco SD-WAN is a good choice for anyone looking to use it across on-prem and cloud applications.
VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud
VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud is a secure and reliable SD-WAN service that provides uninterrupted access to SaaS-based applications and reliable connectivity to datacenters and branch offices. It also offers virtual services to greatly improve operational automation and comes with a distributed network of gateways, branch platform, and a cloud-based orchestrator.
- Automates branch deployments with automatic WAN circuit discovery and monitoring that eliminates branch-by-branch configuration.
- Hosts multiple virtualized network functions to reduce branch IT complexity.
- Scores high on performance and reliability.
- Seamlessly integrates virtual services on-premises and in the cloud.
- Comes with a cloud-ready network to provide an optimized path to public and private enterprise clouds.
- Delivers hybrid WAN with high performance and reliability.
- Reduces branch office footprint.
- Brings down the bandwidth cost.
- Increases the speed of deployment.
- Has a zero-touch process for installation, configuration, operations, and maintenance.
- Offers multitenancy for service providers.
These features make VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud a good choice for anyone looking for a cloud-delivered SD-WAN service to support applications in real-time.
Citrix SD-WAN is a solution that simplifies the digital transformation journey for enterprises by offering comprehensive security, cloud choice automation, and the best performance and experience for SaaS and on-premises applications.
- Detects, classifies, and accelerates more than 4,500 applications on SaaS, cloud, desktops, and virtual environments.
- Provides real-time packet-based path selection.
- Supports bi-directional QoS.
- Integrates branch security with advanced firewall and cloud-based security solutions.
- Creates a simple branch network with reduced infrastructure and maintenance costs.
- Gives the flexibility to create any number of SD-WAN overlays and define separate security policies for each.
- Brings together diverse technologies and service providers.
- Tracks many metrics such as jitter, latency, congestion, packet loss, and more.
- Offers zone-based segmentation to help maintain different policies for different groups.
- Allows you to centrally manage and monitor user activity, permissions, and application performance.
- Deploys in minutes and offers visibility in real-time.
These features make Citrix SD-WAN a comprehensive solution to improve network performance and to reduce costs.
Aryaka SD-WAN is a cloud-first WAN service that helps you to understand the true power of your applications. Its architecture is designed to offer continuous performance in the areas of connectivity, security, analytics, and application acceleration, all of which are brought to you as a service.
- Comes with built-in WAN optimization through TCP optimization, compression, and data deduplication.
- Aryaka claims that its SD-WAN provides a 95 percent saving in bandwidth and a 40-times faster performance for on-premises and SaaS applications.
- Provides end-to-end visibility and monitoring to address network problems and concerns.
- Its strategic distribution of PoPs ensures that all private networks are just 1-5 milliseconds away.
- Offers a web-based portal to have complete control over your network.
- Enables an optimal dynamic path selection and load-balancing for high traffic.
- Eliminates jitter and packet loss in real-time applications.
Thus, these features make Aryaka SD-WAN a flexible and cost-effective solution for global private networks.
SD-WAN vendors: Their products are the key to your future
In short, SD-WAN is a technology that can redefine your network performance and operational efficiency, and at the same time, increase uptime and bring down infrastructure and maintenance costs. Due to these factors, SD-WAN is undoubtedly an integral part of the future. However, selecting the right SD-WAN vendor is the key to leveraging SD-WAN's benefits, and this choice depends on a host of factors such as the current infrastructure, budget, growth goals, and business forecast. We hope this list of SD-WAN vendors and their products will help you to make an informed decision that will augur well for your organization.
Featured image: Freepik / macrovector