After the Beta release a couple of months ago, Microsoft has made available the final version of the Exchange 2010 Unified Messaging Troubleshooting Tool.
The Exchange 2010 UM Troubleshooting Tool is used to diagnose configuration errors specific to call answering scenarios and to test whether voice mail is functioning correctly in Exchange 2010 SP1 Unified Messaging deployments.
The Exchange 2010 UM Troubleshooting Tool is an Exchange Management Shell cmdlet that you can use to diagnose configuration errors specific to call answering scenarios and to test whether voice mail is functioning correctly in both on-premises and cross-premises UM deployments. You can use this cmdlet in deployments with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 or Microsoft Communications Server "14" or in UM deployments with IP gateways or IP PBXs.
This cmdlet emulates calls and runs a series of diagnostic tests that help on-premises administrators to identify misconfigurations in telephony equipment, Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Unified Messaging settings, and connectivity issues between on-premises and cross-premises deployment of Exchange 2010 SP1 Unified Messaging.
When you run the cmdlet, it states the reason and possible solutions for issues that have been detected. It also outputs general audio quality metrics for diagnosing audio quality issues related to network connectivity such as jitter and average packet loss.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise; Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-based Systems; Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation; Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard; Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2; Windows Vista
The components listed below must be installed on a computer running Windows 7, Windows Vista, or the 64-bit edition of Windows Server 2008 prior to installing the Test-ExchangeUMCallFlow cmdlet:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (SP1) - Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for Windows Vista x64, and Windows Server 2008 x64 updates - Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for Windows Vista x64, and Windows Server 2008 x64
- Windows Remote Management (WinRM) 2.0 and Windows PowerShell V2 (Windows6.0-KB968930.msu) - Windows Management Framework
- Unified Communications Managed API 2.0, Core Runtime (64-bit) (UcmaRuntimeWebDownloadX64.msi)