BURLINGTON, Mass. – October 27, 2015 – Unitrends, a leader in enterprise-level cloud recovery, today announced the availability of Release 9.0, the company’s latest data protection technology enabling IT professionals to recover not only data and systems, but also their time and confidence. Reconciling simplicity with comprehensive protection, Unitrends’ Release 9.0 software has completely transformed the customer experience by making it radically easy for organizations to use and manage the company’s cloud-empowered backup and recovery offerings.
IT departments face unprecedented demands due to the increased use of virtualization and cloud technologies, explosive data growth, flat IT budgets and new business requirements for innovation. And improving data backup and recovery is consistently ranked as a top IT priority. Enterprises need to focus on executing their business plans, not wasting time on inefficient data protection and recovery tasks.
Unitrends Release 9.0 delivers a powerful solution that enables IT to focus on what matters most – their own business. Through the use of automation, intelligent reporting and a breakthrough, intuitive user interface that dramatically reduces the time required for routine tasks, Unitrends allows businesses to recover their data, confidence and time to focus on more critical projects.
User Experience Reigns Supreme
Unitrends Release 9.0 provides the industry’s most straightforward and intuitive interface that is making busy IT administrators’ lives easier and enhancing their quality of time at work. The software, which powers Unitrends Recovery-Series™ physical appliances, Unitrends Enterprise Backup™ and Unitrends Free™ backup and recovery software solutions as well as Unitrends Cloud™, simplifies everything from system setup and common backup and recovery tasks, to troubleshooting and support. The user-centric dashboard and screens reduce entry errors, training time and support costs, boosting administrators’ productivity in achieving corporate data protection and business continuity.
Recovery Assurance Provides Peace of Mind
Featuring seamless integration with Unitrends ReliableDR™, Release 9.0 also delivers the industry’s first recovery assurance for physical Windows backups in addition to VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V applications. IT administrators can now validate the recovery of multi-tiered, applications across virtual and physical environments – a vital need for non-virtualized, mission-critical physical Windows servers. IT administrators have increased confidence in their backup solution with automated recovery of these indispensable systems.
IT Pros Applaud Release 9.0
Since announcing Unitrends Release 9.0 Beta in August, market response has underscored the value Unitrends’ latest technology provides in helping IT pros to “get their lives back” by dramatically reducing the time they spend on backup and recovery.
- “Unitrends has already delivered a 75 percent reduction in backup management overhead, because I only had to touch the new system a quarter of the time. Never before had we been able to combine backup, disaster recovery and storage in one tightly integrated package. It’s unique and a major time saver; it will help decrease recovery time for organizations of all sizes.” – Information tech manager for a county government
- “This [Unitrends] improved our backup window from 12 hours down to about two hours. This has probably saved about $15K in FTE resources a year with the straightforward approach to administration of the system.” – Director of IT at a financial technology company
- [After comparing Unitrends Release 9.0 to his existing environment:] “It was a no-brainer which would have the lowest administrative overhead. I wear many hats in my role, and spending multiple hours a week fixing failed backups is not a sustainable option. Unitrends 9 looks like the solution.” – Network engineer at a fitness franchise
- “Unitrends has made backing up fun and easy.” – IT professional at a public school system
- “I love everything about this release. It just makes sense.” – Systems network administrator at a medical center
Exceptional User Experience Extends to Pricing
As part of transforming the overall customer experience, Unitrends has made it even easier to purchase its Unitrends Enterprise Backup all-in-one backup and recovery software solution. The company has rolled out a new pricing structure, offering five different editions – Unitrends Free, Essentials, Standard, Enterprise and Enterprise Plus – which all come with Unitrends’ award-winning 24/7 customer support.
“With Release 9.0, we have completely revolutionized how organizations buy, use and manage backup and recovery solutions,” said Kevin Weiss, Unitrends’ president, chief executive officer and chairman of the board. “We’ve cracked the code, eliminating complexity and cost constraints while delivering comprehensive data protection for physical, virtual and cloud environments – and the market’s initial response has been overwhelmingly positive. IT professionals get easy-to-use, best-in-class solutions that also liberate them to recover much more than just data.”
For more information on Unitrends Enterprise Backup 9.0, please visit: http://unitrends.com/products/enterprise-backup-software/unitrends-enterprise-backup.
Unitrends delivers award-winning business recovery solutions for any IT environment. The company’s portfolio of virtual, physical and cloud solutions provides adaptive protection for organizations globally. To address the complexities facing today’s modern data center, Unitrends delivers end-to-end protection and instant recovery of all virtual and physical assets as well as automated disaster recovery testing built for virtualization. With the industry’s lowest total cost of ownership, Unitrends’ offerings are backed by a customer support team that consistently achieves a 98 percent satisfaction rating. Unitrends’ solutions are also sold through a community of thousands of leading technology partners, service providers and resellers worldwide. Visit www.unitrends.com.