VMware has released VMark version 2.1. VMmark is a free tool that hardware vendors, virtualization software vendors and other organizations use to measure the performance and scalability of applications running in virtualized environments. Some of the changes include:
- Uniform scaling of infrastructure operations as tile and cluster sizes increase. Previously, the dynamic storage relocation infrastructure workload was held at a single thread.
- Allowance for multiple Deploy templates as tile and cluster sizes increase.
- Addition of conditional support for clients running Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition 64-bit.
- Addition of support for virtual clients, provided all hardware and software requirements are met.
- Improved host-side reporter functionality.
- Improved environment time synchronization.
- Updates to several VMmark 2.0 tools to improve ease of setup and running.
- Miscellaneous improvements to configuration checking, error reporting, debug output, and user-specified options.