VMware came up with a Beta program for the upcoming release of VMware Workstation 6.
Here is just a small list of features taken from VMware Workstation 6 Beta Program home page:
- Support for Windows Vista – Use Windows Vista as host operating system
- Multiple monitor display – You can configure a VM to span multiple monitors, or multiple VMs to each display on separate monitors
- Integrated Virtual Debugger – Workstation integrates with Visual Studio and Eclipse so you can deploy, run, and debug programs in a VM directly from your preferred IDE
- Automation APIs (VIX API 2.0) – You can write scripts and programs to automate VM testing
- Headless mode – You can run VMs in the background without the Workstation UI
You can find an extensive list of features, known issues and notes on
VMware Workstation 6 Beta is available for download after registration: http://register.vmware.com/content/beta/ws/registration.html . Version available for download has debugging enabled so it can be somewhat slow. Still it is fun because it has so many feature.