Been wondering what's new in GFI WebMonitor 2009? Me too. Check this out:
GFI WebMonitor 2009, the latest version of GFI’s award winning web monitoring solution, has the following new key features:
- WebGrade database coverage: The WebGrade database has been drastically improved to increase URL coverage across multiple languages. The DB size has increased from 10 million to 165 million domains.
- WebGrade Online lookups: Due to the constantly changing nature of the web, GFI WebMonitor can be configured to query GFI servers for categorization of URLs that are not found in the local cached database.
- Top Policy Breakers: GFI WebMonitor reports on all users who were stopped by GFI WebMonitor from breaching company policies. Such breaches include browsing restricted sites, downloading of malware infected files or file-types that are blocked through download control policies.
- Top Bandwidth Consumption by Web Category: The administrator can view the bandwidth consumed for each Web Category. Clicking on a category will filter out all browsed sites falling under that category as well as the users who accessed those sites.
- MSN control: The ability to block MSN & Windows Live Messenger traffic, or selectively choose to block incoming or outgoing file transfer via MSN and Windows Live Messenger.
- Optimizations: Various optimizations have been implemented in the reporting database. There have been improvements in the process which uploads reporting data to the SQL database. Apart from that, GFI WebMonitor can now handle a larger number of simultaneous web requests.
- Differential updates: Introduced the ability to download differential updates on Kaspersky and BitDefender virus scanning engines, which reduces bandwidth used to download content updates.
- Improvements in the Dashboard and Monitoring: The dashboard can be configured to refresh automatically, and loading time for the dashboard has been improved. Paging has also been introduced in the Monitoring, which makes it more convenient to browse large logs.
Thomas W Shinder, M.D., MCSE
Sr. Consultant / Technical Writer