Oversubscription of CPU, Memory, and Storage is a debatable topic for virtualization environments. There are times when to oversubscribe and when to not. This new paper from Dell and Scott Lowe help point out the pros and cons of oversubscription and how far it should be taken before it becomes dangerous.
The whitepaper covers:
- Resource management and oversubscription
- Processing resource management
- Memory resource management
- Storage resource management
- Resource overcommit
- Oversubscribing processing resources
- Oversubscribing memory resources
- Oversubscribing storage resources
This is a concise document which makes for an easy read. Be sure to check it out.